Plan Your Visit
Trout Lake Nature Center is open to the public Tuesday through Saturday 9 AM–4 PM and Sunday 1–4 PM. We are closed to the public on Mondays when we work to improve or maintain our facilities.
The Trout Lake Nature Center is a wonderful place to experience natural Florida and learn about this very special region of the state.
Visitors enjoy walking the many trails, seeing our Education Ambassadors (turtles and snakes), visiting our exhibits in our Education Building and Natural History Museum, and strolling the peaceful boardwalk to our observation/education dock on Trout Lake.
The 230-acre property also features educational displays along our trails and several picnic spots. They include a screened-in picnic shelter that can be rented for birthdays or events otherwise its use is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Don’t miss our stunning grandfather oak! The property is littered with several large oaks such as the Hidden Oak and Celebration Oak. Staff and volunteers are often available to enhance your knowledge and experience with ‘pop-up’ presentations to small groups.
Admission is donation-based with all funds going to support our programs, facilities, habitat, and staff. Donation boxes can be found in our lobby, by the kiosk at the Grandfather Oak, and at the head of the Haselton Trail. We are an independent nonprofit organization and depend on your support.
520 E County Road 44
- Take SR 19 north through downtown Eustis.
- Continue until you reach CR 44 (intersection with Burger King, Publix, Winn Dixie, CVS, and Walgreens).
- Go east or right and the entrance is 0.5 miles down the road on the south or right side of the road.
From Altoona/Umatilla/Ocala National Forest
- Take SR 19 south through Altoona and Umatilla. Shortly after you enter the Eustis city limits you will find an intersection with Burger King, Publix, Winn Dixie, CVS, and Walgreens.
- Go east or left onto CR 44. The entrance is 0.5 miles down the road on the south or right side of the road.
Latitude: 28.872345 Longitude: -81.681452